What an eventful week.
This week I found out my results for my last module. I got a 2.1 (four marks of a 1st) in my module work. However I got a 1st in my essay!!
I'm not sure whether you remember what my essay was about, but I was writing about the artist Philip Gurrey (who's work I adore!) in relation to my own contemporary practice.
You can find the link to his website in my links section.
I'm very proud of my marks, as I have continued to do better in each module that I have done since starting my degree in 09. Hopefully I can continue this pattern and possibly get a first in my final module. I am extremely excited about time to come. If I'm honest though, I don't mind if I don't get a first. I'm simply just really proud of myself for getting this far. A few years ago, if you'd of asked me where I would be now, I would have guessed - living on my own, working in a cafe or possibly on the dole, with no prospects or education. I can't believe I've done it. I know I haven't made it yet, but in 7 months time I will be a graduate. I want to say thankyou to those who have constantly pushed me:
1) My gorgeous man Jake, who always keeps me calm and reassures me everythings going to be fine (which I always need, because I'm always expecting the worst).
2) My dad (of course) for forcing me into art when I was a child lol! No, seriously dad, thankyou for arguing with me over contemporary art, thankyou for opening me up to oil paint, thankyou for being you.
3) My inspiring Mother, for being the best role model any single mum with three children, doing a degree and working nights, could be, I only knew I could do this because you could, I've always looked up to you and spent most of my teen years wanting to be you!
4) My dads beautiful wife Lani for always listening and never questioning, sometimes I need to be told I'm right, even if I'm wrong.
5) My Grandparents, Beverly and Jim, just for always believing in me, no matter how many stupid mistakes I've made.
6) And of course my two best friends, Daisy and Kerri, for keeping me sane and listening to me ramble on about being old and crazy and irrational.
If some of you are wondering why I'm opening up, its probably because it's the season .... haha!
No......The main reason is because I have completed my PGCE application form today, for next september. I can't believe I've actually done it, a few nights ago I was sitting next to jake blubbering snot all over him, crying about how I thought this was impossible. But, I've actually done it.... All I need to do now, is wait for my referee's to give their references and then click the send button.
Time to play the good old waiting game again.
Just like we always do in life. Floating around, waiting for someone to approve you. But I'm happy waiting. I'll just enjoy the ride and keep my fingers crossed.
And like I always say, stay tuned for more....